Friday, February 4, 2011

Center of Attention

Bergen and I have a few favorite cheap dates, namely going to Costco to get hot dogs and going to DI. A couple of weeks ago while we were at DI, inspiration struck and we began gathering things for our centerpieces. We got 5 large vases and 4 small vases for flowers and 5 vintage looking candy dishes to be filled with purple candies. For $14 we got enough glassware for half of our tables!

I wanted to get something to give the different pieces various heights and had seen on some blogs where people used old books to do that. We went back to DI the following day in search of books. As we were going through the shelves, Bergen found some books that matched the purples in our colors. We began looking for more, at which point I got a little distracted by another book, and when I turned around Bergen had an entire stack of purple books. At the register he asked the cashier if we could get a discount and we walked out of DI with a great deal and success once again.

I found the frames at Ikea which is another one of our favorite cheap dates. Swedish meatballs anyone? I'm planning on putting a picture of us or the Seattle temple in them. I just thought they looked really cool and I liked how you can see the picture from both sides.

I found the little "k's" at Hobby Lobby and am going to spray paint them green.

We're still in search of candy dishes and small vases. Last weekend we went to three different DI's in the area and couldn't find anymore. But, I think if we keep checking back over the next few weeks something will turn up. If you see any, let us know. I found some online and at Hobby Lobby so I can get them there if we can't find them at DI.

No comments:

Post a Comment