Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A fun little project

I made this picture today. I want to make one for all of Gordon B Hinckley's "6 B's" I made the "Be Grateful" poster. I think they would look good in different colors and in a cool frame. I guess I needed to do something to remind me of all things I have to be grateful for. It was fun to find little quotes or come up with them on my own. Caitlyn and I do have a lot of be thankful for. After moving to Seattle from Utah our family has been such a big help. My wonderful aunt and uncle have allowed us to stay in an extra room in their home. It has been very comfortable and we have had all the comforts we needed. Our family has also fed us great food and made sure we were well taken care of.

It has been a lot of fun to be home. I have not lived at home for years and I was really missing out on those Sunday dinners my mom makes. I love the weather in Seattle and all the trees that turn colors. There is something very special about fall here. The air is crisp and cool and there always seems have have a slight smell of burning wood. The fall colors are everywhere and when it rains it just brightens the greens, reds, yellows and oranges.

Caitlyn and I wanted to do something different with our pumpkins this year so we made these cute owls we found in a Martha Stewart magazine.
Last year at this time Caitlyn and I just started dating. It is fun to think back on that time when we were still getting to know each other. I am very bless to have married such a wonderful girl. We do so many fun things. I am glad she likes arts and crafts like I do.

Caitlyn found a job! I am going to let her write a post and tell about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment