Friday, January 6, 2012

Ring in the New Year

A new year always feels like getting a fresh start at things. Just as many of you, I have my own list of resolutions and goals to make me a better person and get more out of life this upcoming year. But if you're anything like me, you can understand how I can already be struggling with keeping them even though it is only the 6th of January.

One thing I've found to help me with sticking to my resolutions is not only writing them down but also writing down a plan on how to achieve them. Making a plan to achieve a goal may seem like common sense, but the idea dawned on me about a year and a half ago as I was reading "Basic Black" by Cathie Black. If any of you are interested in the media world, or just want a good career advice book, I'd recommend reading this one. It was given to me by my mom and it has been my go-to book whenever I get frustrated with what I am doing career wise.

Maybe this afternoon, I'll sit down and write out my plans to get me on track before the year gets away from me...

Bergen and I are looking forward to this new year. We have some things we'd like to do and ideas of other things that haven't fully come together as what we should do. But we'll be sure to keep you posted.

I hope you all had a good holiday season. Ours was filled with family time, good surprises and a little too much good food. That is what I believe the holidays are for. Here are some pictures from our Christmas celebrations. Wishing you all the best in this new year!

Our First Tree

Christmas Morning

Opening Stockings

Bergen in the Aftermath

No comments:

Post a Comment