Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Beginnings of a Wedding

As of today, we only have 90 days to go and the wedding plans are underway!

Might I just say, there are a lot of wedding ideas out there! My mom has been teasing me that I may not always know exactly what I want, but I always know what I don’t want. After hours of looking at wedding blog after wedding blog and flipping through the pages of various wedding magazines for inspiration we’ve decided to go with a vintage chic theme for the wedding.

We picked out the wedding colors when Bergen came to visit me at home during the Christmas break. We had gone to a few different craft stores looking for ribbons or fabric swatches and after being told that I was just too picky, we ended up going to Home Depot where I found paint chips in the purples and green which were exactly what I had in mind.

Bergen and I went to a wedding expo at Thanksgiving Point a few weekends ago. He’s such a good sport and we had a lot of fun checking out all the different booths and vendors. In between filling up on crepes, Italian sodas, ice cream, candies, and other samples, we snuck into a few photo booths, entered drawings, and got some good ideas.

I’ve really enjoyed starting to get things planned with Bergen. One of my favorite things about him is his creativity and he has definitely been putting it to use to help me with different things for the wedding. I feel very blessed and happy to have him in my life.

I’ll be better about writing on here to keep you all up to date on the plans. Stay tuned!

Caitlyn

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I love planning weddings. I can't wait for my sister to get engaged so I can plan hers. :)
    If you ever need wedding ideas, I have a basket full of like 30 bridal magazines down here in T4. Seriously, I collect them!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete